PLEASE HELP MY RAT ZEUS

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How old is Zeus?
Check for a penis plug. It does sound like something is hurting him. His breathing doesn't look bad at all. Rats are so good at hiding their pain, sometimes it's really hard to help them.

jorats said:
How old is Zeus?
Check for a penis plug. It does sound like something is hurting him. His breathing doesn't look bad at all. Rats are so good at hiding their pain, sometimes it's really hard to help them.

I'm not sure how old he is, I got him and his brother in April, I got them from a rescue in Seattle and they didn't know for sure how old they were but thought they were around a year old but werent completely sure. I have no idea what their past is at all. And how do I check for a penis plug? Last night I put paper towels in his cage and he peed and there was a little tiny splotch of blood it was really light colored though you could barley tell it was there if you weren't lookin for it. But it was there.

Bladder infections can be very painful. Is he on meds? I would have him on Baytril. If he is not on meds, can you call your vet and tell them you saw some blood in his urine and see if you can start him right away. Clavamox is good too.

The blood in the urine is something a vet looks for in a UTI, which is why I wanted to try this "test", now you can call that vet back and tell him the rat is still very uncomfortable and you saw blood in his urine. He should be given antibiotics like jorats says.

:dance: Told you they could help you!! :heart: :cuddle: Healing vibes from all of us on a speedy recovery :cuddle: :heart:

Hello, I just saw this post and then watched the video seeing he was rehomed. How wonderful. Is he doing better now?

I am not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other websites, so I understand if it gets deleted, but I also like to browse around on joinrats.com. They have a section about "Healthy Squeaks or sick squeaks" They also state in their disclaimer" This page is not intended to provide a diagnosis of the breathing issues of your pet rat." BUT it is very helpful to those of us who just need that second opinion and those of us who need to be able to look watch and listen to be able to compare. Check it out:

http://www.joinrats.com/gallery/1112837 ... &k=qZDKkwg

Back