PLEASE help me

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwahl0

I was free ranging my boys and went outside my room, right by my room door, to say bye to my mom and I come back to this
2605DA17-2BA2-4504-A3A7-5D3B267DC454.jpeg

I’m sorry my whisking sucks but do you think I should go to the vet or just put betadine and wrap it up, I’m so confused HOW this even happened. I’m so upset. I don’t know who did this to him or what, but what do you think

It's always a safe bet to bring them to the vet. You should never put an ointment on a rat that isn't prescribed to them because they are clean freaks. I can't tell how deep it is but a saline rinse every day(salt and water ONLY) and time would probably be enough to heal it up fast

Clean up with saline solution. There’s a ratty care eBook available for less than $10 on kindle where the (now deceased) rattie queen (i forget her name) details rat tumor removal and leaving clean incisions up to an inch and a half alone because of the remarkable speedy healing of ratty skin. clean well w the saline and keep an eye on your rat regularly during the healing process. I recommend reading through that book

Back