Please help, is this a normal rat neuter?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalem30

Hi,
Please can someone tell me if this is normal looking or should I get him to a vet? He had a neuter on Thursday and I'm really struggling to help him and I'm worried sick. I struggle to get his meds in him and he has a lampshade on, I'm a first time rat owner and I'm terrified. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200607_210323.jpg
    20200607_210323.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 236
This is his 3rd day? You can remove the e-collar now. Did they give you Metacam (meloxicam) to give him orally post-op?
It looks a bit bruised but it also looks like it's starting to shrink up. Because he's been in an e-collar he hasn't cleaned up the incision to know what's really going on

Thanks for answering, it eases my mind a little. Yeah it's been his 3rd day, they gave me loxicom and septrin to give twice a day, he won't take it from the syringe or in any food, i tried everything so I've had to start burritoing him which stresses us both out so bad 😭 I'm really struggling to cope with it tbh, it's really affecting my anxiety levels and sleep. But your comment has reassured me it's not so terrible, so thank you 😘

Back