Playpen

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zariah89

Hey guys (I'm pretty new on here).

I would love to see some examples of play area(pens) and spaces. I have yet to decide on what I am doing as far as playtime. I'm getting my 2 ratties in August so I'm preparing myself.

Ive seen lots of ideas online from cardboard pens, to table tops and whole rooms for play. I don't have the option of a "rat room" so I'm looking for something that can be taken down and put away when needed.

Any suggestions (and pics) would be greatly appreciated. :)

Lol honestly what I did was have a playroom and I even had to put a sweeper under the door because the little buggers can get out of anywhere!

I saw your cage in your other post, looks like it already has a built-in playpen. Maybe just blanket for your couch or bed so they can hang out with you.. you can get pipes/tubes from the hardware store, or dryer-type hose (some just chew thru it tho).. or a big plastic bin with wadded up paper in it and treats at the bottom they can dig down to..

When I had the cage in my living room, I had made a type of corral using coroplast, plastic boards. But then they moved into their own room and I would block off areas again, using coroplast.

I have a large martins (powder coated) playpen for unsupervised play time
Like Jorats I use chloroplast panels to create a huge play area (when I had an apartment the area was my living room)
and when I first got rats I lived in a converted 1 car garage so the play area, initially, was my futon folded out to make a double bed

Here are various pics https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/playpen-ideas.32723/

Back