Play pen for rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raccchhhh

Hi all. I recently got a play pen for my rat beans to run around in and play in, I haven’t got a bigger cage sorted so I thought I would get this for her as she isn’t hand tamed. I’ve put her cage in the play pen but she hasn’t come out of her hammock, I’ve put treats around inside so when she comes out of the cage she’ll know it’s ok. Does anyone have any tips for how to make her feel ok with coming out and not hide in her hammock? (I’ll be watching her in the play pen as she would be able to eat through it) and what toys should I get so she isn’t bored and will be more interested in coming out? - I’ve put it up on the bed so I’m able to sit next to her and so I don’t seem so tall and scary
71FA98B7-3EC2-4562-860B-21F57186844D.jpeg

How long have you had the rat?
Sounds like the rat needs to get more comfortable with you. I buy “critter cuddler”s (bonding pouch that u wear around ur neck) & leave new rats that are anxious in there to hang out with me for a few hrs a day & usually their fear/anxiety will mostly fade after 1 or 2 hang out sessions. Its a really great tool for bonding with your ratty!

Hi all. I recently got a play pen for my rat beans to run around in and play in, I haven’t got a bigger cage sorted so I thought I would get this for her as she isn’t hand tamed. I’ve put her cage in the play pen but she hasn’t come out of her hammock, I’ve put treats around inside so when she comes out of the cage she’ll know it’s ok. Does anyone have any tips for how to make her feel ok with coming out and not hide in her hammock? (I’ll be watching her in the play pen as she would be able to eat through it) and what toys should I get so she isn’t bored and will be more interested in coming out? - I’ve put it up on the bed so I’m able to sit next to her and so I don’t seem so tall and scaryView attachment 14431

I like it, looks so nice and cutie☺🤩. How much is the cost?

Back