Pigtures of my Ladies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliemac

I have a pair of rats whom I love dearly but guinea pigs are truly the animals of my heart so I wanted to share some pictures of my 4 (soon to be 5!) girls and their home.

Belle
DSC00654.jpg

Katya
DSC00477.jpg

Sheena
DSC00414.jpg

Portia-Jayne (P.J)
DSC00637.jpg

Charlotte Rachel Alexandra (Lottie) -Arriving next weekend!
Lottie.jpg

All together
DSC00644.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

Home, Sweet home
P1260278.jpg

very cute :D my bf's niece who lives in Toronto is a big piggie fan and has 3 or 4 I don't remember. She built a huge cage for them that takes up a wall in her condo. I have a hard time telling piggie moods because they purr when they are irritated, I'm used to happy kitty purr :D

i had a biggy once. and when ever the phone rang he would make that purr noise i thought it was cause he was emulating i guess i was wrong lol.

you have vary cute girls

that cage is awsome. its a piggy palace. do you have to brush and trim their fur? the look very pampered. ive never owned a guinea pig. my mums friend owned 2, but they didnt have long fur

Very pretty girls! I had no idea that they came in such a variety of colours and hair lengths. You'll have to tell us more about what makes them special. Are they as affectionate as rats?

Chatter: I brush my two long haired girls everyday. I can let it go for a day but any longer than that and they started getting matted. I trim them as well, normally every month or so, since their hair grows to prodigious lengths otherwise. I still haven't mastered Katty's hair, it's very thick and if you cut it too short it stand up on end, so she often ends up looking like someone attacked her with a pair of scissors, lol. Belle has nice flowing hair so she always ends up looking gorgeous, poor Katty must be jealous.

Godmother: The piggies are nowhere near as affectionate as rats. (I think I like having both because they are so different ) They do come over to the side of the cage to see me when I come in the room, mostly to check if I have any veggies, and start up a chorus in greeting. When they are out they tend to putter about and do their own thing, then flop down somewhere for a nap. Belle, Sheena, and P.J will sit on your lap for cuddles and pets, which the rats are not interested in (far to many things to do!), you do have to pet them the right way though or they'll get miffed with you. Probably my favorite thing about the pigs is the popcorning, I can't get over those great big bodies flicking in the air, lol. They also popcorn after I clean their cage to show their appreciation.

Oh what lovely ladies! Sheena is my fav!

We have 6 piggies. There's nothing like that chorus when it's dinner time! :). My one girl Hope, wheek's so loud, that I can hear her in their room, from outside the house!

Your GP's are darling, the new baby is so cute I lost my breath, We have had many GP's over the years, Brownie a huge self brown male was my baby, he would ride on my shoulder to the DQ, he would purr to the girls cause he loved ice cream, after a bit they fell in love & would always give him his own little cup of Ice cream. He was an amazing lil Hog so smart! Your girls have such beautiful hair, you spoil them I can see that, please share baby when she comes! :heart:

they're so cute! the new one your getting looks gorgeous! i thought about making my ratties a cage from those, and just making one with a top. that way i could make it however i wanted.

Back