Picky rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

Hello,

I've noticed over the past few months, since I switched to Oxbow, my rats have lost a tremendous amount of weight. They're way too skinny for my liking even with lab blocks mixed in, so I'm switching back to the lab block (Extrusion). They love the stuff and were a healthy size when on those.

I told Mumsy that I'd like to order a bag of the Harland food but I was wondering, what exactly is it? A lab block? I'm worried about buying a 30 lb bag of food that my rats will refuse to the point of starving themselves again. :(

The girls are now back on Extrusion blocks, have been for a couple of weeks now, and my youngest pair are FINALLY filling out. I'd never seen such tiny adult rats. Actually the whole crew looks much better, they were way too lean before.

They do eat the Oxbow, just not enough of it it seems. Once I return to Guelph I'll switch them over to 2014 and hope they agree it's a good choice. ;D Thank you, everyone!

My bows actually refuse to eat anything but this crappy pet store food that my store sells. I had them on lab blocks but they were losing weight. Sometimes they just don't know what is good for them.

Back