PETCO another bad experience - sad picture attached

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Some of you may remember my awful experience with my local Petco back in 2013, here is the thread.

http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27578&highlight=appalling+petco+experience

Well today I stepped foot in that place for the first time since and only because I was desperate to locate a cage for the girls or the boys since the girls but a hole in the plastic bottom of their's. First of all, they are keeping 8-10 rats in a 10 gallon tank and then I saw this...

Yes, that is a dead mouse with a purple shrunk tail so its been there awhile.... I took picture and walked out. I will attach the picture to the email I send Petco. Funny thing, they were doing "tank" cleaning think they would of noticed.

Just remember - PETCO has bought Dr Foster and Smith so if anyone has anything place to purchase from PLEASE let me know (in the states)

they really have the animals welfare as their top priority don't they?!?!?!:cuss:

Yea i have the same problem with the pet store in my city.

2 beautiful female brownish orange and white mice in a sea of 10 -15 other male mice. The pet store has a notice on the wall that says: We do not guarantee the gender of the pets.
I almost bought them because there colors where perfect but i couldent because i really didnt have time for possible babies.

There Rats are the same to, if the dont sell in 2 days they take them from the `fancy rat`tank and put them with the feeders. i really bothersome i still with i had taken them both regardless. Not to mention they sold me a really sick rat.

what a load of **** though. they have employees for a reason they can at least look and see if they have balls. its not that hard. If your going to sell rats and mice as feeders than they should just do that. instead of screwing over people who want a loving pet.

Id like to get pictures of the pet store in my town, that cages looks pretty good compared to the ones here.

I swear every time I go in the one by me there is a dead mouse. Are you talking about the one on 75th in downers / Woodridge by any chance???
I recently went to the one by my work... in Oak lawn. Much nicer, you can tell the employees there care about the animals.
They don't deserve our money though... I delete their emails with coupons. There's really no lesser evil available anymore though ):

I swear every time I go in the one by me there is a dead mouse. Are you talking about the one on 75th in downers / Woodridge by any chance???
I recently went to the one by my work... in Oak lawn. Much nicer, you can tell the employees there care about the animals.
They don't deserve our money though... I delete their emails with coupons. There's really no lesser evil available anymore though ):
No, the one on Marshfield in Chicago off 119th although the one on 95th is the my other option, but I find it rather dirty - dusty - gnats in the summer. I almost went to that one since I've had history with the other one. I'm going to stick with petsmart.

No, the one on Marshfield in Chicago off 119th although the one on 95th is the my other option, but I find it rather dirty - dusty - gnats in the summer. I almost went to that one since I've had history with the other one. I'm going to stick with petsmart.

Petsmart isnt any better, that is the store ii am pretty sure we got the virus from. we were there on 12/26 and kait touched the mice there, so i am almost positive that is where it came from.

You ever check out a pet supplies plus? They aren't too shabby. We have one here on 53.
I'm not sure where I'll go now. I was using petco for all their toys and planned on doing reviews (I have this dream of making rat toys one day hehe) but I can't agree with the ethics.
Petsmart is a touch better. At least they only keep one gender at each store.
I heard there was an outbreak of sendai in the Ohio area. I will have to find that info again...
I try not to touch animals at stores at all. Honestly I try not to even look. Usually just makes me sad.
If you want to see a real clusterf*** then go to aquarium adventure.

Back