Pet Supplies without supporting pet sales.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for treats, CNs, edstrom water buddy water bottles, ropes, chew toys, balls, sandy perches and forageing toys: www.healthybird.net

for cage liners and hammocks: www.javakittie.com

for huts, litter pans, shower curtain hooks and odds and ends: the local dollar store

for tunnels: the local hardware store

for hamster balls, blankets and out time toys: the local thrift shop (value village in particular)

Can you clarify what kind of store would be one that sold pet supplies but didnt support pet sales?
Is it one that does not sell animals, but sells supplies?

for Oxbow Regal Rat food:
- directly from the company, Global Pet Suppy stores, or The Barking Lot in Fredericton, NB

for Living World/Harlan extrusian hamster blocks - Zellars

for toys, hammocks, litter boxes - http://www.ferret.com

for 12 inch diameter solid wheels, chew toys, litter boxes, water bottles - Global Pet Supply stores

for houses, water bottles, etc. - Zellars

for FNs and CNs - http://www.ferret.com

for Yesterdays News - Sobeys grocery store

litter boxes and various other things - dollar stores, and hardware stores

o.k i get it now.

I like http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/index.php for rat toys, wheels, etc.

Hammocks and bedding i make myself with material bought from the local haberdashery or fleece pet blankets you can buy at the local pound (£1) stores. The pound stores also sell rope dog toys that i like aswell

Litter and food i get from a store that does sell animals :? There is only 2 stores that sell what i use (one orders in the litter just for me), and they both sell animals. The stores in my area that dont sell animals generally have really poor quality supplies, dont sell anything relating to rats, and aren't able to order anything i need

Our cage~Craigs list
Corner potties,hardware wire,food, and tie wraps~Tractor Supply
Fleece~Garage sales(Baby blankets) 25 cents -a dollar each! :thumbup: I use them for shelf liners, hammocks, covering the tubes, inside their huts,where ever they need or want them. :D
Litter, water bottle, and bowls~Wal*Mart
Shelves~Out of my little girl's closet! :laugh4:
Tubes~Free from Jim's work (Endless supply)
Toys & Balls~Daycare kids toy box~Ping pong balls out of Jim's box. :giggle:
Variety of stuff~Dollar Tree
Veggies & fruit ~ Grocery stores, our yard, & my parent's garden
Huts~Our garage in storage

Canadian Pet Connection in Oakville, ON. They care very much about the health and well-being of ALL pets, not just cats and dogs. :) Also they ship across Ontario! They sell much-sought after Oxbow products, quality cat and dog food, as well as regular supplies such as bedding, litter, toys, etc.

www.canadianpetconnection.com

It would be so much easier if they wern't all online stores.
You need a credit card for places like that, and a 19 and 17 year old don't have credit cards.

I like Pet Value franchises. I've never seen any pets for sale, but they often have cats available for adoption from the local HS's free ranging in their stores. They also sell the smaller bags of YN, which I have to get since I don't have a lot of storage room.

Pet Valu and Global Pet Foods are both also good places to buy supplies - plus Global sells Oxbow which is great. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost 100% sure that the only animals up for adoption our from local shelters at those two stores.

EDIT: Forgot to add that those stores have a good sized small animal section, but not the best. I have found that it can be hard to find some items at times.

Pet Valu doesn't seem to have an overall policy on selling small domestics - I have known individual stores that sell breeder stock of rats, hamsters, etc. But MOST don't, only host shelter pets. I believe that Global is different and does not allow their franchisees to sell pets, but I may be wrong.

I mainly shop at Global Pet Foods and Ren's Pet Depot now.

The Global I go to doesn't sell animals (I don't think any of their stores do, the ones around here for sure don't). They do have kittens and cats in the store that are from local rescue organizations and try to help them find homes, and there is nothing wrong with that! My bf found and adopted a cat that way :D

The Pet Valu here also sells animals, I no longer shop there. The store was fine until the original owners retired and new ones took over.

If our Global doesn't sell animals I'm going to apply there. The Pet Value here had cat rescues available last time I was there for YN.

I like to buy my pet supplies from zellers as i can use my SPC card (10% off) + they do not sell animals. I find their Extrusion foods are priced lower than in a petstore anyway.

I have bought their corn litter from a local Feeds and Needs store (Suregain).

I am going to switch to Yesterday's news and would like to buy it from zellers as well. Just wondering if anyone has seen Yesterday's News in a zellers???

Or is there somewhere online they sell this for a good price?

Back