Penis always swollen

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oasisandbambi

Hello. A month or two ago I saw one of my boys, Bobby, had paraphimosis. His willy went back in without an issue using sugar. I also started him on metacam and it didn't happen again while he was on it. When this happened he also had a tiny mass growing near of of the sides near his penis that was later removed by my vet. After this paraphimosis happened again and again I used sugar and gave him metacam. While he is on metacam his pp is alright. But right when I take him off it I start to see his penis area becoming swollen and eventually paraphimosis will happen again if I don't start him on metacam. This happened a few times and it just keeps happening. I read that paraphimosis is usually not a reoccurring thing but it eventually keeps happening to him once I take him off metacam. I took him off of it two days ago and today I can see his penis is already a bit swollen ( you can see the tip peaking through the sheath) . And eventually it should become stuck outside again and we will repeat the whole sugar metacam thing. Last time I spoke to my vet about this she wasn't sure what was causing this. Does anyone know how this is happening ? If it was an infection I think it would be gone by now? Thank you in advance.

Back