Peanut - PT - very sad update :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot how quickly these things can go downhill.....I woke up this morning to her not wanting to eat much of anything not even sure if she swallowed her pred. Had to come home from work at midday to bring Luke back from the vet and checked on her.....not good.....tried to give her some water and she can't/won't swallow. I found her laying on a level by herself while everyone else is in the hamock. Have to go back to work now but I put her up in the hammock with everyone else. Tried giving her some extra pred this morning, but doesn't seem to have helped.

Peanut went downhill so fast today that her mom decided to let her peacefully go before she started to suffer.

Jen was exhausted emotionally and physically and I offered to update for her since she won't be able to get online until Sunday. :(

Fare thee well lil Peanut. You are whole and hale once again. :heart:

I'm sorry mamarat2 :cry: . Thank goodness for the prednisone. It was like that with my Sahara. It didn't extend her time but it did make her last days good days rather than suffering days. Once it quit helping she went quickly. She passed on her own as I'm sure Peanut would have very soon.
It was just time.

She had a good life, and you even made her last days better than nature would have. Peanut'z ok now. You be ok too.

I'm so sorry.

Thanks to all, and thank you to Shelagh for getting this up here last night. Feeling better this morning knowing she is not suffering anymore, we still miss her very much though.

Back