Paranoia in the rat room

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Crystal Dunst

2 high white babies are looking a little bloated nearing 4 weeks... (mega colon??? :'( ) or maybe just eating well, they are girls and the biggest of everybody.
Randy and Pearl have URI's which the vet gave meds and its not bad, but will it be bad for babies if they are in the same room?
and Momma had severe diarhea last night (completely liquid) But she went to town on a bag of bird food I left unattended while I checked n babies and had her loose.
AND I saw some clear liquid on her vulva... Im hopefull it was a dribble of pee.
Not that the diarhea is sepsis from pyometra or sommething...
I am a worrier in general.
she is acting okay otherwise!
So I have no idea if I have a valid reason to worry.
Something interesting I may have a Harely Baby? Longer fur than everybody but not SUPER long...I dont know guys :/

Can you post pics? That would be super helpful. As for mom, give her some plain toast, or unsalted crackers. I heard that helps firm up poop. I'd just watch her for a few days, and give the crackers for a few. I heard the BRAT (banana, rice, Apple, toast) diet is very helpful for rats when they have runny poop. Uri will not be contagious, since every rat not born in a lab and specially bred not to, has micoplasma. So that being said, it's going to be worse to seperate them, and cause stress to the babies. Hope they all feel better soon!

Can you post pics? That would be super helpful. As for mom, give her some plain toast, or unsalted crackers. I heard that helps firm up poop. I'd just watch her for a few days, and give the crackers for a few. I heard the BRAT (banana, rice, Apple, toast) diet is very helpful for rats when they have runny poop. Uri will not be contagious, since every rat not born in a lab and specially bred not to, has micoplasma. So that being said, it's going to be worse to seperate them, and cause stress to the babies. Hope they all feel better soon!
So mom is not on any meds just sis and step brother. She had the diarhea episode right after I came home from the vet. My first vet visit of $1170! Because this exotics vet has a $400 exam fee each at this vet, who didnt tell me until after........... and then the antibiotics were crazy too. So I am literally overdrew my pet account for the vet bills for the other two until next month.... I would have to sell my car to make another vet visit Which I would like to avoid doing. The Brat diet helped but she is fluffed up sleeping now (picture). She eats and was active, but had porphyrin on her eye yesterday. No sniffles or anything though. I am giving her some ben-bac that I got to go with the other two's antibiotics to hopefully help with stomach upset.
Attached are pics of a dark baby boy with short hair and thin body, and the white girl is the fluffy one, and has a solid solid belly. Like it feels like she ate a tiny raw potato whole. I havnt seen her poop (I havnt seen many of them but 12 babies are hard to keep track of), but it is not getting worse *knock on wood* and she is active.
Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_152053.jpg
    IMG_20191210_152053.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20191210_152039.jpg
    IMG_20191210_152039.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20191208_172001.jpg
    IMG_20191208_172001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20191208_171926.jpg
    IMG_20191208_171926.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20191208_171632.jpg
    IMG_20191208_171632.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 155
Hard to tell in the pics. The mostly white one just looks like a plump baby to me. The white with dots, is she mom, or pregnant? Looks like her nipples are prominent and bare. Again, hard to tell in pics. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Back