Ovary/Liver(?) Tumor in 1 Yr. Old Female Rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunflowerPop

Hi all, I haven't posted in a while but I'd thought I'd hop on and ask about something.

To make a long story short, my youngest female rat (who was a rescue that was orig. a feeder) developed a large lump on her side. I took her to the vet and she got an xray. The vet said that she has a tumor, either in her liver or her ovary. I have a surgery date scheduled for her this Monday, if it's in her ovary it will be removed and she is going to get spayed (which was needed anyways). If it's in her liver the vet said it was just going to be about making her comfortable.

So my main question is, how common are liver tumours in rats? I tried looking some stuff up but didn't see a lot, I've had rats for a couple years now but haven't dealt with this before. I'm mostly just looking for something to ease my anxiety a little before Monday since I love her so much! I will update this post on Monday with how it goes.

Back