Our departed boys....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

I know I'm behind on memorial pages - I think I've only done three. I find them really hard to do - remembers my little guys and all their quirks so eventually they will get done but for now here is my memorial list.

Mr Curley, our precious rex left us on 10-7-2013 (pts, PT)
Mr Finn, our shy siamese left us on 10-7-2013 (pts, kidney disease)
Oliver, our little damen until his neuter left us on 2-16-2014 (pts, respiratory distress do to heart tumor)
Popper, our cute PEW left us on 4-21-2014 (pts, respiratory distress due to chest mass)
Mr Kona, our brave berkshire left us on 5-24-2014 (pts, PT & ruptured ulcer with internal bleeding)
Snickers, our boy that refused to be loved left us on 6-11-2014 (past in his sleep, necropsy showed enlarged heart, stroke)
Sebastian, our precious little spitfire left us on 7-8-2014 (pts, heart failure suspected heart attack, respiratory distress)
Mr. GMC, our black hooded loner, left us on 7-21-2014 (pts, respiratory distress, necropsy showed lung cancer)
Grumpy, out agouti boy who tried so hard not to like affection, left us on 8-13-2014, (pts, respiratory distress due to enlarged heart and lung nodules)
Mr. Bumbles, our beautiful beige boy, left us on 8-17-2014 (past in his sleep - I think he missed his brothers)

Mommy and Daddy love and miss you. Each one of you left special memories that we will always treasure. You were all unique in your own little ways and touched our hearts like we never expected. You each took a small piece of our hearts with you when you left.. Rest well babies until we meet again ... play nice with each other my loves :rose:

I'm so sorry you've had so much heartache with your beloved boys. You and Al definitely went through a very hectic time with these guys, but you were so diligent and determined with each of them, advocating fiercely for their well being at every step along the way. They could not have asked for a better home or better rat parents.

I know these boys were your precious babies and words will do little to ease the pain of their losses. It is always hard when the last of a group leaves; it's like the end of a story, the end of a generation. They were all so special in their own way and their memory will live on. They taught you so much, and those lessons and experience are going to help as your next generation of fuzzies (and not so fuzzy nakies) grows up.

Rest well and play hard up there boys, and keep watch over your wonderful mommy and daddy.

Oh Dspch...I am so very sorry for all your losses...you have been through so much, I know, and wow, Tembla's comments were so exactly matched to what I wanted to say...

Your memorial list, with your special wishes to your bubs as they head out for the Bridge was so touching. I know they are all together, playing happily and wanting for nothing.

I also know they are all smiling down at you, so grateful and full of love for their most wonderful of Mommies and Daddies. You both gave them all so much and they were very happy and pampered fur kids that knew love and joy and comfort with you. Remember what you gave them and feel good knowing that they all had beautiful lives with you.

I am sending all my well wishes (and a flower bouquet) up to your kids and thinking of them today. And special hugs for you as well, Dspch. :hugs: :flowers2:

Last edited:
Goodness, so many little men have left for the Bridge. Even though it has been hard on you two, these boys were so lucky to have your knowledge and determination there to give them the best chance at a happy life. They had their time with you, and when that part of their journey was over, they left to make room for more ratties to be saved.
Never goodbye, just see you later...

Back