Ouchie! Help please :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehganxo

So over a week ago I slammed my index and middle fingers in my car door. They're still swollen and it hurts when I press on both, but mainly my index. I've taped them up for the past two days (with some breaks). The only time I taped them last night was before I went to bed. I woke up this on both fingers:

ezasa3ed.jpg

They almost look like blisters and they hurt and sting. I have no idea what to do other than ice them.

Any suggestions?

You could be having a reaction to the tape, I cannot wear bandaids for long periods of time, the skin under it ends up looking awful :( Maybe try a type of fabric tensor bandage to immobilize your fingers instead?

The funny thing is that the tape wasn't even touching there. It's where my two knuckles meet. I did put some ice on and that helped the stinging. Maybe I'll just keep icing.

If its hot to the touch you have some sort of infection like cellulitis which is possible even if you don't see an obvious break in the skin. Watch to see if it spreads.

I have gotten those on the sides of my fingers before...a few times actually. Mine were heat/sweat blisters/rash. Seeing as they were held together (and its getting hotter), maybe its due to the sweat not being able to evaporate?

Last edited:
Not hot to the touch. I think you're right NeeNee. They're getting better now. No pain or stinging anymore, but still red. They do look like blisters. Thanks for you help everyone!!

Back