Oscar ..Chest Tumor ..bye big boy :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
::hugs::

These 13 days have been so precious for him - you can see it in his face. It was time to have a wonderful long goodbye... and for him to show just how much he loves you.

I'm glad I never let him go 13 days ago ..pred gave him so much life ..it may seem short to us, but to him it was a long time ..13 days ago his eyes told me not yet, today they tell me it's time.

:heart:

My vet is not in again until Thursday evening ..and he is the only small animal vet here. So we have to 2 more days.

so until then i will just have to keep him comfortable and spoil him more than ever! ..right now he is eating my lunch ...spaggitie o's and cantaloupe

The next two days will be filled with lot's of pictures :sad3:

My poor boy is tired of fighting ..
IMG_7875.jpg

Oh, Renee - give him one last hug for me :hugs: He is leaving you with love in his heart - that's all anyone can hope for. He will be missed :heart: Such a special guy!

lilspaz68 said:
Or an old tired and sick rat might. What other symptoms does he have?

No other symptoms I can see ..

no head bumping, or circling ..although he don't walk around much anymore ..he drags his back legs at times ..I just think he is an old sick tired man like you just stated. Even if it were PT ..he is already on pred ..he declined so fast since two days ago ..yesterday I could see he was "off" I was hoping once his teeth were fixed he would come around ..

He is now 500 grams ..when we started him on the pred 13 days ago is was 530 ..6days after he was 540 (10gram gain) ..now he is down 40 grams. When he was young and healthy he was 700 grams.

My poor old man ..im lucky he still enjoys food. He don't eat much at once, but if you feed him every 30 mins he will eat.

For supper he had homemade soup ..he had some beef, and some carrots ..and some ensure syringe fed only ..he wont eat out of a dish ..onlyoff my finger or in a syringe.

:(

My girl Jazzy can't hold her food anymore, but it is because of her HED, etc and not a PT. She just can't sit on her bum and keep her balance, so she has to brace herself with her front foot/feet. Oscar may be the same. Just make sure you give him stuff that he doesn't need to hold to eat.

He mostly eats baby food, ensure, frozen peas thawed ..cooked fresh carrots and potatoes and he loves fruit.

Few more pictures from tonight

Supper (homemade soup, mashed carrots, mashed potatoes, cut carrots and potatoes) ..quite the feast lol
IMG_7900.jpg

Nomin some yummy watermelon
IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7904.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

I love my big boy so much, this is so hard :(

Back