Oscar ..Chest Tumor ..bye big boy :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could only get half of Oscars meds into him this morning :(

Sadly i had to leave 7 am this AM for work and I won't be home until 4 ..no one else is home either so I have bowels of food in the cage (ensure, baby cereal and baby food) ..Oscar was really tired this AM ..and really did not want to be in his cage ..I felt so bad for having to leave him :( and to make matters worse I am working tomorrow too until 330 ..we have to bring him in at 6 pm :( ..I'll be rushing home from work and staying on the couch with him for the last 2 hours before its time to bring him in :sad3:

:sad3: Wish there was something we could do to help. If you can think of anything, let me know. I'm always around. Hugs to you all :hugs:

I know this is so hard. I'm so sorry. It's tragic we have these precious guys with us for so short a time. He will def be missed, but at least he knows how loved he is and he had a great life with you, even the last couple of weeks. Good luck tomorrow. We'll all be thinking of you. :hugs:

Oscar will be sleeping on the couch with me tonight..I hate that I have to go to work tomorrow :sad3: ..I get off at 4 and then I'll get to be with him for another hour :sad3:

Here are some last pictures ....

IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7941.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

This picture is really sad, he was down on the floor free roaming ..and he went right to the urn where his past family sleeps ...
IMG_7946.jpg

:sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3:

He is very tired, too tired from trying to breath to eat a lot ..but he dose manage to eat little bits of fruit, ensure, gatorade, and peas ..too tired to walk far :(

It's so so sad. Yet what a wonderful gift to give Oscar and you, to sleep on the couch together tonight. May your moments together be peaceful.

Joanne said:
Is it wrong for me to wish for Oscar to pass in his sleep lying next to you on the couch tonight?

Joanne, I was wishing the same thing ..he slept in the bed with myself and the BF after ..he had his octopus to sleep in, every hour he would come over and jump on my hand and wake me up for some fruit ( I swear he has eatin a full cantaloup this week) & some ensure.

:(

I'm at work now, I put him in his cage with a full belly, with his brothers Teddy and Toby ..I'm off 330, I'll be home at 4 ..I'll have another hour and and a half with him :heart:

Will be thinking of the two of you this afternoon... I know I've said it before, but you are a great mom. Oscar obviously knows it and loves you - I am sure he is ready to go and will be happy that you help him cross the bridge. I feel so much for you :sad3: :hugs:

Back