Ongoing respiritory

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flamazine is good stuff,Loxicom IS meloxicam (Metacam) and Baytril. You have the correct treatment now :) Do you want me to make sure your Loxicom is an appropriate dose? Is it 1.5 mg/ml? How much does your rat weigh?
They are describing 4kg of loxicom, and batyri 0.2mls each once a day. The cream twice. But my rat squeaks everytime he is touched now. He never used to. He used to come running to see me in the cage and he doesn't! He seems nervous. :( Im worried if he has lost trust in me. When i stoke him he goes on his side like shying away from me. Im worried that this will my affect my relationship with him :( He clearly doesn't want to be picked up like he used to :( and squeaks when i try to...i try to give treats every time i stroke him. when the vet saw him they shaved around the wound. i dont want him associate touching with pain.feeling so sad. He is so gentle and I'm having fears that this might lead to aggression or biting. Although he never has. He never used to be scared of me. to save the stress of the vets on Monday they said i could send pictures in. I dont want to distress him. I wish he knew that i was trying to help him. :(

Last edited:
What weight is your rat? What concentration of Loxicom do you have? (It's usually 1.5 mg/ml or 0.5 mg/ml), and what concentration is your baytril? These both have to be effective doses to cure the infection and reduce the pain/swelling of the lesions to be successful.

What weight is your rat? What concentration of Loxicom do you have? (It's usually 1.5 mg/ml or 0.5 mg/ml), and what concentration is your baytril? These both have to be effective doses to cure the infection and reduce the pain/swelling of the lesions to be successful.

m not sure of his weight. The vet measured the meds out into containers. Yhe lesion is getting better, shrinking now. Its 4kg of loxicom and 0.2ml of baytril However, my rat is more nervous. For the first time in over a year he tried to bite me when i touched him. He squeaked but it was a gentle bite, like someone touching the back of my hand. Im not sure if this will turn into aggressive biting. Im hoping it doesnt. He is such a lovely boy. He comes up to the front of the cage he is always eager to see me. The nervousness started after the vets. I have stopped feeding treats in the cage, and he has to be physically be picked up before getting a treat.

Back