One of my rats doesn't like me?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ally Cat

A couple months ago I got two baby female rats. One is Bea and the other is Jiji. As of now I feel like I'm very bonded with Bea. During playtime she always runs back onto my bed to come say hi to me and gives me kisses, grooms me, climbs onto my shoulder and loves getting pets from me. Neither of them are cuddly but I expected that from young female rats and I don't really mind but Jiji just literally wants nothing to do with me. She never bites or is aggressive with me. (except for the one time she accidentally bit my butt really hard because she's weirdly obsessed with my underwearo_OI found her tryna eat a pair I had on the floor)But other than that she just doesn't seem to care at all? Which is weird to me because when I first got them she was the way more mushy one and would even take naps on me but now she suddenly is indifferent to me. She doesn't really come up to me, doesn't care to be pet by me, and is really only ever interested if I have treats. Maybe she does care but just doesn't show it the same way or as much? Idk I try not to let it get to me too much because I love her anyway but sometimes I wish she loved me as much as Bea does :')

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
Jiji
IMG_1402.JPEG
Bea

Rats have different personalities and some are more independent then others
As she ages she is likely to become less independent

They both sound like wonderful little girls

Rats are definitely unique in their personalities but I bet you will notice a change in her as time goes on. They sure are pretty little things.

Next time your watching tv or something put on an old t-shirt and a hoodie on. Put her inside the hoodie for bonding. You'd be surprised how long they will cuddle up your arm sleeve, etc. You can also try wearing the same shirt for awhile during their out time so it has a familar smell on it.

Back