Older Rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitcat920

I don’t want to be dramatic or anything and worry about nothing, but I am a bit worried about my old guy. We have Buzz who is about 1 year and 6 months old with two younger rats about 6 months. Buzz would be considered the alpha, he does the grooming and will put the babies in their place. Recently the babies have been pinning him down and grooming him. Today they flipped on his back and he struggled for a couple seconds trying to get back up. Does this mean he could be sick and they sense it? Or is it just him getting older? Or something normal? Thank you, I just am a bit concerned for my old guy!

They are at just the right age to start asserting themselves. Their hormones will be in full swing, and they will show dominance, and he's getting older, so he won't care quite as much anymore. As long as no fur flying, or signs of aggression, they should be fine. I've taken sleep meds, so can't explain all this right niw. But as long as no serious fights, he should be fine until morning. I'll reply when I properly can then. Sorry....

Back