OK I think It's Official - Clemmie and Tyr

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

These 2 rats were real oddballs even to me.

Clemmie survived the reign (or dominion) of Sharlee's Olive, but came out the other side, either super aggressive with other rats (bite first, think later) which led to wounds in the first few minutes of meeting or she was terrified of them.

Tyr has always been terrified of people and other rats. He's finally a bit better but then he got pushy...he needed just the right rat to feel more comfortable and not act like they would kill him every time they twitched a whisker. He was quite lost without his brother and then Hermes having to be pulled from his cage.

I have NO clue why I tried these 2...getting desperate to find them a friend maybe? :lol:

The first thing that gave me severe hope was Clemmie not oing on the defensive right away...she seemed curious and more nervous than anything else. There's been about 2 scuffles I know of in-cage so far but it was just because Clemmie felt cornered or overwhelmed and no injuries resulted, just some noise. Mostly they take turns very quietly whining at the other rat...I cannot even tell who's whioning as its almost identical. They don't sleep together yet, but I am sure with time they will :)

Now that Tyr has a friend, I decided that tumour had to come off so he could enjoy life a little longer.

These pics were from days ago,but I didn't want to post anything until it was more öfficial""." :giggle:

Here Tyr is sleeping and she's nearby.

Aug26TyrandClemmie4.jpg

Sweet Tyr...I shall reach you yet scaredy-boy!!

aug26Tyr.jpg

Aug26TyrandClemmie2.jpg

Aug26TyrandClemmie3.jpg

Aug26TyrandClemme.jpg

and this morning...they forget about each other when I open the door or hand out treats etc :roll:

aug28ClemmieandTyr.jpg

Tyr would/does shrink away when I touch him so this next group of pics is very special to me. :heart:

Sweet Tyr

aug28Tyr.jpg

Yeah that's the spot *licks*

aug28Tyrthatisthespot2.jpg

Ahhhhhhh *hind leg twitches*

aug28Tyrthatisthespot.jpg

Well the whining continues from that cage but it's mostly Clemmie...she sits there and whines at himand then pushes or nips at his face. (she sits on the shelf and he is in the base). These 2 are hilarious!

Back