Not sure if I have done an intro

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JanesAddiction

Hi rattie lovers :) I am not sure if I have done an intro, I don't think so...I think I joined on Friday that just passed as I had an emergency with one of my ratties and have been consumed with that and my 3 daughters. I am a single mom and a huge animal lover :) I have a boyfriend whom is allergic to animals so I am slowly moving into reptile and aquatic pets. Currently my zoo holds a 7 and a half yr old female Rottie, an 8 and 10 yr old female cats (mother and daughter), 7 ratties (4 girls and 3 boys), an Apple snail, 2 African Dwarf Frogs and 3 guppies (2 female and a male). The rats are all somehow related, NOT INCEST! I started out rescuing 2 brothers and then 2 sisters both different litters. Boys were about 1yr and a half and the girls were 9 months. I bred a boy and a girl and ended up with 4 cute little hairless (for a few days) babies which turned out to be 2 boys and 2 girls. Felix was dad to the babies and he passed away in Sept2014 when he was 26 months due to a stroke and old age. So my current rattie kids are Gerry at 31 months, Shady and Carmel whom will be a yr this month, and the girls are Banjo and Scat at 22 months and Shadow and Butterscotch at a yr this month. Health wise, I've had no issues other than Felix' stroke and then passing until this past week...Shadow was de gloved about 2 and a half inches of her tail :( She is doing awesomely now (5 days later) and has returned to her family home. While I had her "hospitalized" I found a lump on her left side just behind her paw. I am assuming it is a tumor and does not seem to be affecting her at this time so I will keep an eye on it. Due to the lump on Shadow I felt it best to give all the animals (minus the snail, fish, and frogs) a thorough exam and found that none of my other ratties have any issues and my kitties are good too (other than being fat and lazy lol) but my poor old dog has 2 tumors as well. Again, I am keeping a close eye on them.
So...my huge love for animals...well...I have an empty tank with a screen lid...wondering what I should put in there...lol...the possiblities!!!
In the 5 days that I have been on here...I have gotten some awesome advice as well as support from the members here! Glad to be a part of the "family" :)
Below is a pic of my old man Gerry...he is looking his age and won't be with me much longer :/ Why do ratties have to have such a short life span?!?!

TPhoto_00032.jpg

TPhoto_00033.jpg

Welcome, it's great to meet you! I followed your other thread about your girl's tail. I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling better and is back with her friends.

Welcome :). I hope after spending some time on the forum and seeing all of the ratties in need that you will never choose to breed you rats again.

After having the one litter I had decided against breeding as I was very lucky to only end up with 4 in the litter. No worries, about me breeding unless it's aquatic :0 Love my ratties but I will only be continuing with them until the last one of my 7 is gone as I am slowly growing out of fur babies and into reptile/aquatic babies due to allergies of my boyfriend. I would like to live with him someday :)
Murphrat...I had another incident (no injuries) with Gerry today...again...it was the shelves so they have been removed and will be replaced at some point :)

Back