Nicole

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG that is so sad. Poor sweetie.

My boy was on Baytril but he didn't make it. The staph infection had invaded inside his body.

Heard from the vet.
She said at this point there is nothing else we can do. (Nicole is on baytril, metacam, and an ointment that will kill staph infection, etc)
I am taking Nicole back to the vet to get more hair shaved so that the area can be cleaned and ointment applied.
Emailed her the pics I took so she can post them on the vet websites.
This vet is wonderful ... this will be the fifth time this weekend that she has dropped everything and gone in to the clinic to see Nicole. Not to mention all my 2 am, 4 am and 7:30 am phone calls this weekend.

Back from the vet.
Nicole had more hair shaved off, the area cleaned and ointment applied.
The vet says the areas don't look any wose then they did this morning and some areas look a bit improved. :thumbup:
Hoping for the best.
Glad this vet was on call. I would have had to wait to see my vet tomorrow if it had been the other vet clinic (besides the one I go to) on call this weekend.

This brings back memories of what Maria-mar went through recently with her poor boy

Fingers crossed this gets under some sort of control and she can start healing. Its great that the vet is being so helpful and understanding

I've heard back from one person via the internet who says it looks like burns from a heating pad during surgery.
I was told that burns can take awhile to show up.

At least the damage has not spread further.

I have put in a call to the vet. Waiting to hear back.
Spoke to the vet. I was told to continue what I have been doing until Nicole sees her regular vet tomorrow.

I just got home, have talked to SQ. I feel so awful for my baby Nicole, so helpless. I need to see her in the morning at the vets.

Many thanks to SQ & to the on-call vet, and to all of you for support.

This little girl will need all of your good wishes.

Godmother said:
I just got home, have talked to SQ. I feel so awful for my baby Nicole, so helpless. I need to see her in the morning at the vets.

Many thanks to SQ & to the on-call vet, and to all of you for support.

This little girl will need all of your good wishes.

Is Nicole yours?
poor lil girl, I wish her the best of luck :heart:

Yes I rescued her from a snake owner in early March, and godmother adopted her from me. I have been ratsitting godmothers rats for about 3 weeks while she was away.

Vet appointment in a couple of hours.

I remember hearing from my vet that pyoderma can spread and worsen faster than flesh-eating disease :shock: I managed to get Selene's under control. Poor little Nicole. :sad3:

I hope the vet gives you more optimistic news. ((hugs))

Back