Nicole: a sudden and surprising death at only 4 months old

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I just called SQ, planning to go over to see Nicole. When SQ went to check on her, Nicole was dead. We are both in shock, even though Nicole really did not look right to me the other day. I foolishly hoped that she was recovering, until today.

She was fine until about a day after her spay: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19266&start=90

Dear little Nicole is the ratty in my avatar. SQ rescued her at the same time that she bought a breeding rack to destroy it. Both Nicole and Kris had spent time living in that rack, so they suddenly had a nice new life.

SQ introduced Nicole to my other rats, and she was part of a nice colony of eight. When I went on vacation, SQ rat-sat for me and rescued another young ratty girl to be a companion for Rilla and Nicole. She took the three young girls in for their spays. The other girls had no problem. Nicole seemed fine and then developed mysterious vascular problems on her ears and upper back. We never did know what caused the problem.

SQ had Nicole to the vet this afternoon, because she had stopped eating.

I am so sad for this little girl. We are going to have an autopsy done, so that she did not die in vain. I want to know what happened to her.

This is such heartbreaking news! I'm so sorry. I was wishing for a speedy recovery for the little angel. )))hugs(((

I know this may not be comforting at the moment but at least she was loving people instead during her last days instead of of the hands of those snake people.

I was going to suggest a necro for sweet Nicole but you had thought of it already. Maybe it will give rat owners something they can learn by and her death won't be in vain.

I am so incredibly sorry for both you and Holly for the loss of this sweet little thing. :(

To young to leave. I am so sorry for your loss. This must be heartbreaking for you both.
RIP little Nicole. :heart:

My heart achs, and until now I never truely understood how much it could hurt. I am so sorry, I was praying hard for Nicole. Poor baby, THANK YOU SQ for being there for her and giving her what most people wouldn't during her last few days. :( Rest Peacefully Baby Girl.

Back