Newish! Hello all! *Photos added*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoscoTheRat

I have been a member to the Rat and Mouse Club forums for a while, but since it usually slows around winter I decided to join the Rat Shack this year so I can still get my daily fix of rattieness. ;)

Well, let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm 20 years old and owned rats for about 2-3 years. I loved rats before I owned them, and I studied them like crazy because I was always interested in them. My dad hated rats so I wasn't allowed to get one. I ended up sneaking one home and they let me keep him. His name was Rosco; it all started from him. I now have 10 rats in my care (four are my friends' rats that I'm caring for at the moment, while 6 are mine). Besides my many rats, I have three mice, 2 dogs, and 2 bunnies. Then my mom has a dog, and my brother has a bearded dragon and a kitten.

So my rodents:
Rosco: My first rattie. He's temperamental with other animals, and used to be REALLY bad with rats. I had to work through his rat aggression. Now he lives with three of my boys and 2 of my friends rats. He LOVES people though, and he loves me. I call him my "Heart-rat". He goes everywhere with me. He's a shoulder rat but is taught to stay in my bag when we go into stores.
Roscoincar3.jpg

Bug: Bug is my youngest right now. He's a silver Russian Blue, who is shy. I got him from a friend who said he was almost fed to a snake. She blamed his shyness on that and said he'll never be social. He loves people though (I think she just didn't try to socialize him, since around the time she got him she also got a ferret and ditched her rats). Sometimes he gets afraid of things easily. He's not what she explained, but he is shier then his cage mates. He's Rosco best friend though and is turning into a mama's boy.
Img_2705.jpg

Cricket: He's now my biggest (since my gray blaze rex, Ollie, has recently passed). Cricket is brothers with the hairless twins and Boo. Cricket is a light agouti color, almost cinnamon. He's my most social rat (after Nibbler). He just loves cuddling with anyone (much like his father, Rags, did).
179232_175656675805369_100000831125071_323948_1172680_n.jpg

Boo: He's very "to-himself" and would rather do his own thing. He is an agouti, but very small. He was adopted from me by an ex-friend who also adopted his brother. I found out his brother later was fed to a snake so I HAD to save Boo. She refused to give him back to me so I went to her house and her mother let me in. She pretty much let me take him... come to find out this friend also stole my friends rat and so I rescued her too. Boo (who should have been a lot bigger) ended up being a small rat, I think she didn't feed him right so it stunted his growth.
0213110937a.jpg

The next four are my friends:
Tora and his brother (can't spell it): Tora is a black berk while his brother is a black broken hooded. Both are babies. They are REALLY hyper and very friendly for Petstore rats. They like to rough house and play with you.
(I don't have photos of them. Sorry)
Hairless brothers, Dobby and Mr.Bigglesworth: Dobby is smaller but that's just about the only indicator on who is who, besides for personality of course. Big tends to be more calm and lay back, while Dobby is a bit more jumpy (not anti social, just would rather not have you attention).
Img_2700.jpg

Img_2699.jpg

My girls:
Nibbler: Blue capped, standard ears. She is VERY social and sweet. She loves people, no matter who they are. She'll follow you around my bedroom. She also likes chasing you if you run. She also loves other animals, Philly (my Pit Bull) is her favorite though. She thinks he's a jungle gym.
IMG_0810.jpg

Juno: She's a blue capped-dumbo. Juno is a bit more to herself, she doesnt like to be held but she likes head scratches. She's also very gentle and calm for a female. (Pic was from when she was a baby)
gfndnm.jpg

Then I have my mice:
Butters: Sweet grayish boy with red eyes. He loves attention and will stare at you from his cage till you talk to him or pet him.
Img_0864.jpg

Moomoo: My smaller girl who is white with black spots. She loves everyone and she likes to come to the side of the cage when she hears me. She also likes being held and pampered.
IMG_0854.jpg

Tigerpaw: She's beautiful; an orange mouse with gray strips. She took longer to socialize then the others, but she is starting to warm up to me. She's very sweet. She likes sitting on shoulders.
Img_0871.jpg

So those are my rodents. If you want to know about my other animals just ask, I felt as if that's enough... I already typed up a lot... sorry about that. When I talk about my animals (or animals at all) I don't know how to shut up. Haha.

Well it is nice to meet you all and talk about our ratties. Haha. :ratwave:

Oh, we love long descriptions of our rats and their personalities! Welcome to the Shack! You'll *always* be able to get your rattie fix here - and if all else fails, there are archives!

:hello3: and welcome to the shack. I love your ratties but I especially love the mousies.

Back