New wee ones- 8 weeks old today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My darling babies are 5 weeks old today.
We had a great playtime in the bathroom...They are such sweet babies
....playful running around climbing all over me...finally snuggling down in my shirt to go to sleep.
I love my little chunky monkeys...... :heart:

DSCF1555.jpg

Cool I can drive.
DSCF1558.jpg

I can drive to....
DSCF1559.jpg

hmmm I see why Sam is the biggest.
DSCF1568.jpg

DSCF1574.jpg

My sweet little Sprite. She is the smallest of the group.
She is sweet, loving and adventurous....totally fearless.
DSCF1578.jpg

Sweet Sophie..quieter then her sister
She is a real momma's girl. Loves to cuddle.
DSCF1580.jpg

Sawyer...This boy is a adventurous and very very licky
.....he loves to wrestle
DSCF1582.jpg

Sam...He is a cuddler. Loves to have his belly rubbed
and to cuddle in my neck.
He was a little annoyed cause the others where trying to get in his picture..
DSCF1583.jpg

My sweet Sammy boy having his belly rubbed.
He is the only one who will lay there and let you rub and tickle his belly.
He is going to make a nice squishy man rat
DSCF1585.jpg

Sawyer also will lay on his back...but not as long...
Here he is showing off his 5 week old goolies
DSCF1587.jpg

I know you're probably swimming in nominations, but I can't help myself; Nom for RPOM.
My heart actually stopped for a few seconds when I saw this little face.
DSCF1375.jpg

:heart: :thud: :heart:

Thank you both...I am at my limit but I still appreciate the nomination. I am glad others enjoy seeing pictures of my beautiful babies....

Sam and Sawyer both got neutered today. Everything went great! I stayed with them the whole time. We are now home and both are drinking ensure and eating cheerios and acting as if nothing had happened. Now they don't have to be separated from their mom and sisters.....I will put them all back together either later tonight or tomorrow.....depending on how they look...

SQ said:
WOW, lucky little boys.
Nice when they can stay together instead of being split up until large enough for surgery.

I was a nervous wreck...but my vet was very confident and I stayed with them the whole time. It was incredible to see how fast they woke up and I think they were glad I was there....they licked ensure of my fingers very soon after waking up...
But I am so relived it was over.
The girls will be getting done to...but they need to be a bit bigger so in another month or two.

I'm glad everything went well with the surgery. When my baby boy Hotch got done, Dr. Greenlaw let me stay and watch too. I had just lost one of my girls before that, so I know exactly how you feel. She really does have a good survival rate (yucky description, I know), especially considering how young the babies are done.

Babies are almost 6 weeks old...they are living in the CN with their mom, Claire and Teeanna. I decided to try them with their young "aunties" because the girls are not that old themselves....it was no intro at all....they acted like they knew each other forever....

I wonder if it was so easy because they already knew Alba (the mother), their cages have been side by side for over a week and the older ones play in the play area after the babies have been in...lots of opportunity to get used to their smell...

Teeanna especially loves the babies...playing with them and sleeping with them....she is so sweet with them.

DSCF1707.jpg

DSCF1713.jpg

Peek a boo
DSCF1720.jpg

sweet little Sprite
DSCF1705.jpg

These babies are bratts LOL...They jump on my hand, wrestle with it, chew on it....I have to be very careful because they will leap at me...
DSCF1708.jpg

Back