The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandora

So I got a new baby yesterday, pulled him from the feeder Bin. I new he would be coming with a few complications because feeders are never healthy. He has rat lice which I am treating with revolution and also possibly an upper respiratory infection that I am keeping my eye on.

I'm seeing another problem that I can't tell what the cause would be, or what it even is. I have attached pictures it kinda looks like his tongue is too big for his mouth and he bit through his tongue. Please get back to me ASAP I am not doing introductions until I know that my boys won't get sick from him.
Screenshot_20210127-205817_Video Player.jpg
20210127_205616.jpg

Please please help, i smell infection and his tongue is near fully black. i cant make it to a vet. ive been giving him infant Ibuprofen and coconut oil and oatmeal as well as his food blocks. i dont know what to do

Screenshot_20210128-051708_Video Player.jpg
this is his tongue as of this morning and its getting worse. I know that I defo took a risk in getting a feeder, but its absolutely worth it because his personality is amazing. unfortunately I don't think he has a whole lot of fight in him.

Poor baby! I'm so sorry! I have had MANY rats from the feeder bin (I can't help myself, I know there will be more, but I save the ones I can) and they have been just as hardy as the ones I raised from a breeding momma, or ones I got from a pet store. But most often, sadly, they are the ones breeders know don't have long to live, or aren't "pretty, or desirable", and won't make them money. But I love them just the same!

Poor baby! I'm so sorry! I have had MANY rats from the feeder bin (I can't help myself, I know there will be more, but I save the ones I can) and they have been just as hardy as the ones I raised from a breeding momma, or ones I got from a pet store. But most often, sadly, they are the ones breeders know don't have long to live, or aren't "pretty, or desirable", and won't make them money. But I love them just the same!
My biggest most bodacious personality rat
that I have was a feeder I got him when he was just weaned... It was so tiny and now hes over a foot long completely nose to tail tip goes across both shoulders of mine

Back