Quantcast

New rat has mouth problem

Help Support Rat Shack Forum:

Pandora

So I got a new baby yesterday, pulled him from the feeder Bin. I new he would be coming with a few complications because feeders are never healthy. He has rat lice which I am treating with revolution and also possibly an upper respiratory infection that I am keeping my eye on.

I'm seeing another problem that I can't tell what the cause would be, or what it even is. I have attached pictures it kinda looks like his tongue is too big for his mouth and he bit through his tongue. Please get back to me ASAP I am not doing introductions until I know that my boys won't get sick from him.
Screenshot_20210127-205817_Video Player.jpg
20210127_205616.jpg

Pandora

Screenshot_20210127-220145_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210127-220117_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210127-215921_Video Player.jpg
The white portion is his tongue the Brown tan is some leftover food he was eating.

Pandora

Please please help, i smell infection and his tongue is near fully black. i cant make it to a vet. ive been giving him infant Ibuprofen and coconut oil and oatmeal as well as his food blocks. i dont know what to do

Pandora

Screenshot_20210128-051708_Video Player.jpg
this is his tongue as of this morning and its getting worse. I know that I defo took a risk in getting a feeder, but its absolutely worth it because his personality is amazing. unfortunately I don't think he has a whole lot of fight in him.

Pandora

He needs antibiotics ASAP. For the resp. Infection and his tongue. Its his only chance.
He unfortunately passed away overnight. There was no way he was gonna make it even with antibiotics the rate of decline was too fast

Dena

Poor baby! I'm so sorry! I have had MANY rats from the feeder bin (I can't help myself, I know there will be more, but I save the ones I can) and they have been just as hardy as the ones I raised from a breeding momma, or ones I got from a pet store. But most often, sadly, they are the ones breeders know don't have long to live, or aren't "pretty, or desirable", and won't make them money. But I love them just the same!

Pandora

Poor baby! I'm so sorry! I have had MANY rats from the feeder bin (I can't help myself, I know there will be more, but I save the ones I can) and they have been just as hardy as the ones I raised from a breeding momma, or ones I got from a pet store. But most often, sadly, they are the ones breeders know don't have long to live, or aren't "pretty, or desirable", and won't make them money. But I love them just the same!
My biggest most bodacious personality rat
that I have was a feeder I got him when he was just weaned... It was so tiny and now hes over a foot long completely nose to tail tip goes across both shoulders of mine

Latest posts