New rat constantly sneezing, getting worse

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tayrobbz

Hello!

We brought our new rats home at the end of November. They are both just over 2 months old. Nia, started sneezing fairly quickly. At first we thought it was just because she was in a new environment. But it has gotten progressively worse over the weeks. This morning her sneezes were more intense than normal. Been trying to call vets, but most are closed due to new years. And even if they were open most are extremely busy due to covid. I think a lot of people have started to adopt pets with their down time, hence vets being busier then normal. I'm going to do my best to set up an appointment asap and continue to monitor her. If it gets worse or her breathing gets more labored, we are prepared to take her to an emergency vet.

My question for you, do you guys have any tips or tricks to make her more comfortable/easier time breathing, in the mean time?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Can you get a video? This will let us see and especially hear how compromised she is.

But for now hold her sides to your ears and listen to her breathing.

Back