New member, meet my vampire boys!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louislestatrats

New to the site since I have quiet a few questions about how to make our boys life better but to start I’ll introduce them! My girlfriend and I own two dumbo boys who are about 8 months old now, Louis, velvet Harley with a single wild eye brow whisker, and Lestat a silky baby. We’ve had them since October when they were babies. They are the pickiest sassiest animals I’ve ever animals I’ve ever had. This is my first time owning rats, my girlfriends second, and when they hit puberty I found out I was very allergic to them so getting proper play and love while keeping distance is so hard :( but I still love them and I want to make it work so any tips are welcome!
5BF50740-49B8-4326-A7C9-6A1CB532299C.jpeg
B6234736-08C7-4698-B6DD-7FFEDAAB74C2.jpeg
(Yes they are napping in their litter box when they have 4 other beds and two shelves they could be on. But isn’t it cute!!!)

First off adorable! As far as allergies go I was recommended by a fellow rat owner to get a good air purifier with HEPA and keep it next to their cage. This should help with dander in the air. Also spot cleaning and full clean once a week or more. I’ve heard allergens can be worse with male rats but I don’t know the backing on it. Keeping their cage tidied and especially if they are litter trained that will help (as long as they don’t sleep on it 😆) they always choose the funniest places to sleep!

Back