New here!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesley8

Hi, I'm new here I've kept rats with my husband for a number of years. I've joined as I'm needing advice, I had 6 girls and I'm now down to 2 and 1 is sick. I'll post in the appropriate section.
Thank you for having me.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your girls, I wish I can help. Any updates on the 2?:(

Hi Thank you.
The sick one isn't doing great, we reduced the baytril, but she's struggling on her feet. Going to see the vet, but im worried as the vets aren't great with rats.

Hi Thank you.
The sick one isn't doing great, we reduced the baytril, but she's struggling on her feet. Going to see the vet, but im worried as the vets aren't great with rats.
Thanks for the reply. Hope everything will be okay. Keep us posted?

Hi, she was sadly put to sleep yesterday. So I only have 1 left, the vet has told us not to buy anymore as it's highly likely my last one could be carrying the illness as well. Its heartbreaking never had to deal with anything like this in the years we've had rats.

Hi, she was sadly put to sleep yesterday. So I only have 1 left, the vet has told us not to buy anymore as it's highly likely my last one could be carrying the illness as well. Its heartbreaking never had to deal with anything like this in the years we've had rats.
So sorry about your loss and I know you've lost enough. I just hope memories bring you a smile as you remember the fun times.

Did the Vet give his specific findings? Hopefully something can be done as a precaution to your last one.

So sorry about your loss and I know you've lost enough. I just hope memories bring you a smile as you remember the fun times.

Did the Vet give his specific findings? Hopefully something can be done as a precaution to your last one.
Hi, all the vet could say is it's possibly a nasty virus that's starting on their lungs and spreading, my last one also had heart failure, all we can do is keep an eye on her and hope she stays healthy.
And thank you both

Hi, all the vet could say is it's possibly a nasty virus that's starting on their lungs and spreading, my last one also had heart failure, all we can do is keep an eye on her and hope she stays healthy.
And thank you both
I hope too that she stays healthy. Thanks for the reply.

Back