New Friend - Handsome Jack

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evermore

On a bit of a whim, after seeing a male rat still listed as up-for-adoption after about a month and a half... I convinced my husband to let us apply for him. Turns out he's a bossy butt and would likely stress out our older girl; so...

... we got his brother! Meet Handsome Jack, an absolute unit and lovebug already.
56gj1djzbyx31.jpg

Attachments

• 20191110_143118.jpg
    20191110_143118.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 258
Thank you! He's quite a bit larger than what we're used to (having girls). Our biggest girl is about 300 grams. He's 580g, about 10-12 months old. He is blind in his right eye as well (injury prior to rescue), but our old girl Bianca is fully blind (she was when we adopted her, seems genetic) so we are kind of used to being careful not to startle 'em.

Oh my, very big boy you have there! Owen was my biggest boy at about the same weight too, lol. I imagine your rats get used to you making noises to get their attention, lol.

congratulations. lucky little fellow. I'm surprised rats with vision trouble is so common. I have a big white rat named Doublestuff who is nearly blind. I couldn't for the life of me understand why his behavior was so odd at first until 2+2 suddenly came together and I realized he can barely see. Understanding this, has created such a powerful bond between us. Just wish i could get him to exercise lol. He's about as big as a football.

On a bit of a whim, after seeing a male rat still listed as up-for-adoption after about a month and a half... I convinced my husband to let us apply for him. Turns out he's a bossy butt and would likely stress out our older girl; so...

... we got his brother! Meet Handsome Jack, an absolute unit and lovebug already.View attachment 13301
He looks like my beautiful Frankie. We had to put,Frank to sleep today... he had an aggressive carcinoma last year... We decided to have it removed only for it to return two months later. My heart is feeling a bit numb and kinda broken... I haven't cleaned his cage,out... it's still kinda,hanging around. Your Jack reminds me of Frankie... he is gorgeous! We have organised for Frank to be cremated... It's not easy, is it!

Please enjoy your day and your furry family!

Back