NEW Brennlet pics posted ^_^

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Bean

Here's the most recent pic (from earlier today) I'm going to buy a digital kitchen scale tomorrow since this one is so hard to read. As such I don't have a weight update.

IMG_4406.jpg

Moved from health and general care link: http://www.jorats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3327

Aw Brenna! Suddenly you are pictured as a body without a face :( I felt the same actually when I was pregnant)..
You do know us ladies are allowed to be demanding when we are prego? Make the most of it, it's not ignorant (when you're prego) , it's very comforting to men to have to take orders rather than have to figure out what you might need or want.
Ok, Brenna doesn't need all the advice I'm giving her, but don't think I"m not sending it heart-to-heart too anyway :lol:

She's getting big! I'll be sure to follow this through her pregnancy. :)

OT- Fidget, I love when you post to the ratties in your posts. It's so sweet! :)

ROTFLMAO Fidget, that's hilarious.

Seriously though thanks for the advice for when I am pregnant.

Aw Brenna, what a sweetie.

Fidget said:
Aw Brenna! Suddenly you are pictured as a body without a face :( I felt the same actually when I was pregnant)..
You do know us ladies are allowed to be demanding when we are prego? Make the most of it, it's not ignorant (when you're prego) , it's very comforting to men to have to take orders rather than have to figure out what you might need or want.
Ok, Brenna doesn't need all the advice I'm giving her, but don't think I"m not sending it heart-to-heart too anyway :lol:

:Laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:
I've seriously not laughed that hard in a long, LONG time!! I'll let the little lady know your advice! Right now she is being comfy in a hammock with Willow. Both have their heads hanging over the edge of the hammock with Brenna's head on Willow's. Such sweet girls that I have! I can't wait for the digital scale! I want to see how much the babies weigh and how much Brenna loses when she gives birth. I'll try to make sure I keep her face in pics as well! LOL!!!

I had my doubts from the other pictures, but she definetly looks pregnant in that one. I hope it is a small litter for her and you. Can't wait to see baby pictures though. I wish I lived closer I would so take a girl or two off your hands. :wink:

I just checked her tummy and she is starting to groom the fur away from her nipples. Just barely but I can see little areas of pink through her dark fur.

She's also starting to collect the fleece blankies I keep in their hammocks into the corner of the cage.

**********How much longer should I wait before moving her to a one level cage on her own? I was thinking that I would move Willow in with her into the one level for the first few days then have her on her own starting Sunday. Her due day is the somehwere between the 18th and the 20th (21-23 days) I told her that she has to wait until the 19th (my scheduled day off) but she seems to laugh at me when I say that!! :lol:

Willow Bean said:
Her due day is the somehwere between the 18th and the 20th (21-23 days) I told her that she has to wait until the 19th (my scheduled day off) but she seems to laugh at me when I say that!! :lol:

Oooooooh... she could have them on my birthday! Or my wedding anniversary, 2 days later... lol

All hopes for an entirely uneventful birthing, and lots of banana mash to momma rat. :)

When is your birthday, minnow?

Update for the night: weight on brand spankin' new digital kitchen scale which cost a fortune: 318 grams

Still wondering when I should move her to her nursery cage... any ideas? we are on day 15 now. tomorrow morning will kick off day 16... around the time of my shower... >.<

Forgetful me, as usual. :lol:

My birthday's the 18th, wedding anniversary the 20th. If only you were closer and I had a car of my own, I'd so take you up on your offer in the intros thread whether they're born on my birthday or not. And then this inn would be full to or beyond capacity, because I am a well known sucker for a cute little furry face. Or tummy.
:tumkiss:

I'm still waiting for banana mash pictures, by the way. :batbeat:

I wouldn't move her until she's at day 19 or 20. 318 grams is not very big but it's the big jump in weight we are looking for. How old is Brenna?

not certain on age... I think she was 2.5-3 months when we got her back just before Christmas. I'm guessing she was about 12 weeks when we got her which would make her...I would say about 25 weeks so around 5.5 or 6 months now? I hate not being able to know her exact age... Anyhow, she's always been a nice lean girl

Day 15 (yesterday)
Brennaday152.jpg

Day 16 (today) complete with my hair in the picture...
Brennaday165.jpg

She is weighing in at 323 grams already this morning! That's a pretty good increase since last night!!

You asked for it! It's time for Banana Mash pics! I didn't give her much since this was mainly for pics. But she and the other girls enjoyed their mash with cucumbers and radish on the side. If the mash looks strange it's because I like to use chocolate soy milk for the mash. It makes it less... yellow. ^_^

IMG_54433.jpg

IMG_54434.jpg

IMG_54435.jpg

IMG_54436.jpg

IMG_54439.jpg

IMG_54443.jpg

Well, hello there!!
IMG_54444.jpg

This photoshoot is all about me, right mom?!?!?
IMG_54445.jpg

It was pretty uneventful for Brenna. She's pretty food-focused right now so she didn't do much more than chow. But I'd prefer it that way anyhow. The empty food bowl you see in the pictures was full of 2018 HT blocks just this morning! I'm sure they are hidden all over!!

Hee! Thank you thank you thank you! She certainly is being very food oriented, and now looks quite pregnant without you needing to dangle her to show. :)

Now, I just need to mix up a batch for my crew...

LOL! you're welcome, minnow! the girls LOVE their mash! I try to make it a bit different each time. I added a teaspoon of honey to this one and then a little extra chocolate soy milk to be sure that it wouldn't be too sticky! Other than that I like to use creamy peanut butter and a whole banana. I keep most of it in the freezer and thaw a little at a time to keep in the fridge.

Jo, the girls LOVED the radish!! The cucumber they were a little shy about (which is strange because they get them a lot!!) but the radish was new and exciting and to be gobbled up and hidden!

I hate to do it but I think I am going to move Brenna into the nursery cage, with Willow to keep her company, tonight. It's a couple of days before I really wanted to do it but I'm getting worried about her climbing and jumping too high. I'm also worried about my liners! She's starting to nest a bit and has already taken all of the blankets! I keep putting them back in the hammies but they are promptly removed! Next it will be the liners! Bought her a waffle block house to have the litter in, but I'm sure she will choose a corner instead! LOL!

:D Oh how sweet, those babies will be so muck fun & love, Lucky you! These pictures are precious, I never thought of our babies liking radishes, you have lovely ratties & a very good rattie mommy!

Back