New baby off the streets

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze

A friend found a rat on the street running around (he’s an albino so he’s not wild) and put down a box and he ran in. I now have him, he looks like he’s about 2 months old and have him in a cage alone along with a smaller box he liked inside his bigger box. He’s still sleeping, slept for about an hour, woke up for a few minutes, then has been asleep for about another hour, and he has a small dirt covered wound on his back. What should I do about his wound and any tips kn how to make him more comfortable?

i am just a newbie but i think you should try to take him to vet when he gets to know you more they may give you some medicine for him or keep him over night idk but i think he will be fine worst comes to worst he needs stiches

Oh thank you so much for taking him in... If you post a picture of the wound I can help determine if he needs stitches or other vet care, for now if he'll let you you can try soaking him in warm water to loosen up the dirt and hopefully he will take care of the rest, if not you may need to do saline rinses(only salt and water, nothing else!) with a needless syringe to flush it out and keep it clean (I'm not sure how big it is exactly so I'm just trying to cover all bases !)

Back