New babies!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimiko

I adopted 2 rats on Friday, and they’re both white. There’s no differences that I see to tell them apart. I’ve read that you can use non toxic marker or food coloring on them. Has anyone done this? Any other recommendations? Thanks!

Pic of my new babies included!

Attachments

• B9020FA2-9C28-4522-9ECD-DFCBC8B45FB8.jpeg
    B9020FA2-9C28-4522-9ECD-DFCBC8B45FB8.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 131
I adopted 2 rats on Friday, and they’re both white. There’s no differences that I see to tell them apart. I’ve read that you can use non toxic marker or food coloring on them. Has anyone done this? Any other recommendations? Thanks!

Pic of my new babies included!

I personally would wait before marking them. When you get to know them more you'll probably be able to tell them apart. If you really want to mark them though, food coloring should be safe as people use it to dye the fur of cats and dogs. Also keep in mind that rats lick their fur when they groom themselves so they will be ingesting the product you use on their fur.

They're beautiful! Look at those faces. I hope you give us more pics and videos of these two lovelies! As Twilight says, the more you interact with them, the more you'll get to know who is who. I wouldn't mark them.

Back