New and experienced to rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doriimer

Hello, recently we got two brothers, Templeton (albino) and Sweetie!
I'm very new to the world of rats as I'm more experienced with rabbits, but I'm very excited to learn and bond with these two :)
My dad used to have rats 25 years ago and has been very helpful in teaching what he remembers (body language, foods they can have, etc).
Lots of love from Ontario, Canada!
rats2.jpg

Awww they are cute!! Templeton is actually what we call a PEW or pink-eyed white. Sweetie is a black Berkshire. A Berkshire is a solid colour with a white belly, white socks and sometimes white/pink tail tip.

Congrats on your two new babies. Getting baby rats is always the best experience because everything is new to them. How's the bonding going? Tell us about their personalities!

@Big Schpog They've been slowly opening up more, I've been doing a lot on their terms in regards to petting, letting them investigate my hand, and even a bit of hand feeding.
They're both absolute sweethearts, Sweetie is a bit more cautious and shy, but gets excited when he sees the bunnies to which they're very happy when they see him. Templeton is very curious of his surroundings and is very fond of my phone now which has made for great photos
We've had them since the 29th so I'm excited to see what more of their personalities begin to bloom as they adjust to the different sounds :)

It's such a great experience getting new ratties! Some rats love phones and some don't. My Big Schpog, 1 yr old female, hates my phone and the sounds it makes when I take a photo. The babies are curious about the phone.

Keep us updated about them with pictures and stories!

Back