Need help for pain comfort.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fidget said:
jorats said:
To have one great pit stop before finishing the race.
I don't guess that helps Wanda much but it helped me immensely. I've been frantic but that puts it in perspective.. Thanks Jo.

I take in these oldies as well myself. It can be so hard not fighting for them like you would a youngster.

And yes, its the last wonderful pitstop with you, which you try to make as comfortable and full of love as possible.

((hugs))

My vet gave me torbutrol today (she felt metacam could make bleeding worse). So I have her covered for pain, thank god. And thank you all!

I hate to keep making this a headline, but I was watching Wanda today when she started to walk a little 'off'. Put her in my lap and gave her the torbutol right away and sure as heck she started bleeding soon after. I kept her there petting her for the last hour. She's been relaxed but responsive, laying comfortably and not stretched out, bruxing off & on.
I just put her home and she's gone to sleep.

Thank goodness for good vets that are on the ball. Obviously my vet gave me the best medicine for her condition. I asked for metacam as I know it's a great pain med - never had a need for it, it but going by what I've heard on ratsites before and here.
But not knowing it could make her bleeding worse, my vet knew it.

Wanda has the best help for her terminal condition I can give her. And I won't read somewhere down the line that metacam could exacerbate bleeding and suffer what we do when we wonder if we did right.
She's leaving me, but while I can't fix it I'm not hastening it. You guys know what I mean.

Hi Fidget, it's good that you got the torb. Metacam just like Ibuprofen can cause bleeding and not recommended when a rat has a bleeding problem.
It's great to find a vet on the ball!! He's a keeper Fidget.

jorats said:
He's a keeper Fidget.
She's definitely a keeper. Fantastic vet. Never erred. Trouble is she costs a fortune. To get Savanna's tumors removed and a spay was over $500. But in fairness it was the same at another rat-savvy vet recommended here.
In Vancouver it was $212 including meds, for a great job!

But my vet is rat-100% savvy, no doubt about that, and fantastic. They gave me the torbutol based on the emergency vet's records without a consult with them (when I begged) They didn't have to do that, they did it cause I told them it's about the kid passing in comfort..

Back