need help ASAP with URI

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renee

I made a post earlier talking about how I do not think my medicine is working. The only reply I got was someone telling me that it is too soon to tell.
I know today that the medicine is definitely NOT working because today Janny is NOT feeling good.
She is not eating, she is cold, and her fur is puffed.
This is her 2nd URI. The first one, we tried doxy and baytril but it did not completely nip it so we switched to minocycline and baytril and it cleared completely.
Now she has another one, and she has been on medicine for a little over a week.
I am so worried. I have her in my bed with me because it is super warm in my room and I cooked her some peas, and she will not eat.
I am going to call the vet tomorrow and see if they can switch medicines. She is barely making noises but her breathing is hard and she does not feeling good.
I will upload a video when I can get it to work.

i am worried sick because I know how fatal a URI is if left untreated.

Also??? I know you can give baytril and doxy once a day at double the dose instead of twice a day, is that the same for minocycline and baytril?? is it less effective??

I am going to grab her some baby food from the story tomorrow, if they're not out.. :( Stores in my area are being wiped clean from all the chaos happening over this virus

Got a new medicine. "Azithromycin 200mg/5ml per 30ml btl"
Her weight is incorrect on the invoice. Kinda worried. Trying it tonight

Azithromycin is good when given with baytril.
I hope that you are giving both, if not please ask your vet about it.

My vet prescribes Azithromycin 10 mg/Ib orally, twice a day for at least 6 weeks if it is helping. I give baytril at the same time.

I hope she is soon felling better

Azithromycin is good when given with baytril.
I hope that you are giving both, if not please ask your vet about it.

My vet prescribes Azithromycin 10 mg/Ib orally, twice a day for at least 6 weeks if it is helping. I give baytril at the same time.

I hope she is soon felling better
Under the advice of my vet I am going to start using her old medicine (minocycline and baytril combo) and her new medicine. She is so sick, I am thinking pneumonia. I am sleeping with one eye open for her because she has been randomly getting attacks where she can not breathe and I have to act quick with an inhaler and calm her down :( I am going to begin nebulizing tomorrow (prescription), then i will start using both of the medicines. As of right now, she can only take one before she needs to be put down so she can slow her breathing again.

Back