Nancy, Lila, and their 26 babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
December 30 - babies are 35 days old ..... some Christmas photos under the tree

safe and secure baby, snuggled into two mamas tails

babies with mama Nancy

Last edited:
December 30 - babies are 35 days old, in the playpen

little climber

having fun, playing and exploring in the martins large play pen :)

Last edited:
December 31 2015 - the babies are 36 days old today .... while Nancy, Lila and most of the babies were sleeping this evening,
some of the babies decided to play, explore, climb, and come out and climb up the side of the play pen to visit me and snuggle on my lap.

We want to come out to play ...... and explore the couch :)

Last edited:
January 4 2016
forty day old babies with mamas Nancy and Lila in the play pen

Now you see the reason why I had to take pictures with the top of the play pen down ... babies want to get out and explore the world :)

The Fredericton SPCA is going to have both mamas and all babies spayed or neutered !! :)

Hope it goes ok .... baby girls are still pretty tiny for major surgery.

Aw, I really hope they all survive and make it through. They are young and strong and intent on living and having their chance to explore the world some more. They'll be fine, I'm sure.

I've got that pink, purple hammock with the diamonds on it! The rats love it! When mine were younger, they really used to get a kick out of using and poking their little impish heads out of the holes in the top.

I ended up adopting mama Nancy, mama Lila, baby girls Sage, Jet, Winter, Cinnamon, and Miss Adventure and baby boys Robert, Scott, and Maurice.
The other babies were adopted out by the SPCA - I kept the mamas and the 8 babies that did not get adopted, except of course baby April who died when she was only a couple of days old

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the captions and watching the babies grow with each picture. ❤️
I got such a kick out of the baby themed fleece. So adorable!

I'm very sorry about April. My heart broke into a million pieces when I read that she passed away. On behave of all animals lovers, thank you for doing everything you could to help that sweet little baby.

Back