Nail biting???

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oasisandbambi

One of my ratties keeps putting her hand in her mouth, biting something, it looks like her nails, and the aggressively pulling her hand out of the mouth.
I checked her hand and didnt seem to find anything wrong with it. She has been doing this almost non stop for a day now. As in she takes a couple steps and bites her hand. What could this be?

She might be itchy, particularly if she might have picked up a splinter or an insect bite. On the other hand, she might just be grooming her nails. Maybe one is bothering her? Could be she sprained or twisted something in there, too.

Barbering and overgrooming can be signs of stress. You might want to keep an eye out for that.

These little muffins are so good at hiding what’s wrong with them. Even if you know rats really well, sometimes they can fool you.

She might be itchy, particularly if she might have picked up a splinter or an insect bite. On the other hand, she might just be grooming her nails. Maybe one is bothering her? Could be she sprained or twisted something in there, too.

Barbering and overgrooming can be signs of stress. You might want to keep an eye out for that.

These little muffins are so good at hiding what’s wrong with them. Even if you know rats really well, sometimes they can fool you.
Thank you for the feedback! I hope its nothing to serious. I dont think its spraied, she doesn't seem to be in pain when she walks. Ill keep an eye on her!

Back