My sweet little Cletes hand stopped working

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CleteAndGoose

After a couple days of noticing my little Clete (double Rex/hairless) stopped coming out to get his food, I found out his right arm/hand stopped moving. The vet said it’s just something that happens without explanation. He could get movement back mysteriously or never again. The xrays looked fine. She tested his arm and it still works so it’s just his hand that’s the problem, but he refuses to move the arm at all. Poor guy just stays in one place until my friend and I take him out to give him water and food a few times a day. Anyone have experience with this? It breaks my heart that he just sits there but I assume he’d just stop eating all together if he wanted to go. I should mention he has a brother named Goose (also a hairless) who shows no sign of the problem and keeps him warm.

As mentioned he does eat but only likes grapes and baby food. It’s like he no longer wants to try hard food. I fear he’s getting weak by not being able to eat or even move, even though it seems he’s trying.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

So very sorry your post was missed. How is your boy now? Its possible he had a stroke or has pituitary tumour and one of the first things you notice is confusion, and an inability to grasp with the front paws usually starting with the left paw.

Back