My sweet Ella

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaRu

I found my sweet girl at a pet store and something whispered to my heart. With no thought I marched up to the counter and told them I wanted to take her home. It was so hot that day too, she travelled the whole way home on my shoulder like she had been there from the day she was born. I got her home and set up in a nice home that allowed her some where to hide when she needed and the ability to see me and interact if she wanted too. I wanted to give her a few days to get to know me, before we would hang out all the time. (Always have let my rats ride around on my shoulder for hours as I did my daily chores and what nots - tv watching/reading - really does not matter as long as its rat safe.) After a few hours I heard a sneeze, it was tiny, then nothing for hours. She happily ate her food, drank her water. The next day she was up on my shoulder watching me as I played a game on the computer and once more I heard a tiny sneeze. Now I was worried. What if she was sick, who knows what her background was coming from the pet store. She was plump, she liked cuddles and playtime she seemed healthy. Long story short my sweet Ella, I had her for only 7 days, the morning of her vet appointment she was dead in her cage. Oh did my tears fall, I may have only had that sweet sweet girl for 7 days but she was special. I hope in the days she was in my care she enjoyed the love and attention, the clean home and toys, most of all I hope that sweet girl was not in any pain. Thank you for giving me a place to share her short life with others . RIP little girl I know you are in the company with many other special boys and girls.

Attachments

• IMG-20180516-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180516-WA0002.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 168
I am so very sorry for your loss
Thank you for sharing about your sweet little girl

I hope that she did not have an airborn illness, and I hope you watch your other two rats very carefully

Back