My Rinky Started Peeing on His Shelves.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Rinky has a huge cage which I'll try to post at the end. Anyway, he is very good about using his litter box at the bottom of his 6 story cage. But recently he started peeing on his shelves. At first I thought it was because I had Bingo's cage next to his. See Bingo is not old enough to go in the big cage. He is 3 months old but fits thru the bars. But I moved him & it didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks, Noel

Attachments

• 1542641990160247031273492112073.jpg
    1542641990160247031273492112073.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 114
Sounds like normal rat behaviour
He is marking his territory and may be getting too lazy to go all the way to the bottom of his cage
I would suggest putting a corner litter box on each of the levels.

Have you started intros between the two boys?
They may not be able to live together yet but you could do gradual intros so that they will be able to play together each day and then will be ready to live together once the time comes. (see info on doing intros and joinrats.com)

Sounds like normal rat behaviour
He is marking his territory and may be getting too lazy to go all the way to the bottom of his cage
I would suggest putting a corner litter box on each of the levels.

Have you started intros between the two boys?
They may not be able to live together yet but you could do gradual intros so that they will be able to play together each day and then will be ready to live together once the time comes. (see info on doing intros and joinrats.com)
Yes, the intros seem to be going very well. Bingo is still able to escape the big cage though. Maybe another month I can move them in together. Thanks for the advice.

Back