The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karatheratlover

A couple of months ago I got my two rats Pigeon and Luna. At first Luna was really active and Pigeon was still active but a bit less than Luna. However a couple of weeks ago I noticed that Pigeon was really lethargic and when I take her out she doesn’t want to play and sits down and sleeps. Is there any food I can give her to get her energy up.

She might be sick. Does she have any other symptoms? Is she eating? Female rats are mostly active and my girls never relax when they’re out. If this is unusual it might be a health problem.

I dont know. I got her about a month ago and the lady I bought her from assured me that they were healthy and social. However ever since i got her she's been quiet and antisocial. I don';t knwo if this is just her personality or a real issue.

Yeah, that doesn't sound normal to me. You should do what LilSpaz says and listen to her breathing. I think the best bet would be a vet visit.

Back