My rats aren't cuddly

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, I love my rats dearly. They are so sweet and fun. They LOVE to run around and play and I love to play with them. But, sometimes, I see videos online of people cuddling and snuggling with their rats and their rats just melt and boggle under their touch and I wish I could do that too.

My rats will run to me and accept pets and scritches, but they never stay long -- always off to their next adventure. Even my boys don't stick around for cuddles. They are all close to 1 years old, so maybe they are still too young to really appreciate a good snuggle. But, I really don't know.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get your rats to enjoy snuggles and cuddles??

Thanks in advance!

My rats started to get cuddlier near their second year. One sadly passed shortly before her second birthday and my last rat, now almost 2.4, has now become very cuddly (and even if she is unfortunately left alone, she sometimes still prefers to be one her own🥲).
My suggestion is not to stress about it and enjoy their bounciness while it lasts

Back