The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruttes

A couple weeks ago I took my 2 year old rat to the vets just to check on her breathing. The vet said she was perfectly find nothing to worry. So I went home and just went day by day. I noticed she wasn't really eating and drinking little and acting a little weird. I decided to weigh her and she was 412g and before on the week prior when she was at the vets she was about 522g so she lost about 100 grams. A couple days before taking her I noticed she was loosing her balance. I took her to the vets and he confirmed my suspicion of her having an ear infection. He prescribed her an a Steroid, Antibiotic and some Nausea medication so shell be able to eat. He suggested some baby food and Ensure Nutrition Shake and some cantaloupe because she loves that. She slowly began to eat but at 4 days later she's loosing more weight and I don't know what to do. Please give any information that could help

Can you tell us her symptoms you noticed? What antibiotic shes on?
Are you able to upload a video to youtube and link it here? I want to rule out pituitary tumour.

originally it was loss of balance. then i noticed her head tilt which was my first hint to an inner ear infection. Then after her visit she could not stop walking in a circle and not eating. she was x-rayed and nothing was of concern. the antibiotics is Enrofloxacin and no I cant upload a video

Back