My rat hasn't slept for 3 days!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDracula

I have a male rat, 21 months old, named toffee and he was doing all good. But 4 days ago I noticed a little bloating of his belly, and next day the stomach was quite stiff, seems to be dried poop in the colon, he wasn't pooping like he did normally, his poop was very dry.

And from the last three days, he isn't sleeping!!😔😔 I guess he's in pain.. I mean, yeah he does sleep sometimes with a little eye open.. but what it seems to me, he isn't sleeping 😔 I gave him some meds today, A laxative and now his poop is watery. But still the stiffness isn't going much, the stiff colon seems to be just a little bit less in size than before. 😔 Please help!! What should I do. I'm concerned that he is not sleeping and ..it would be horrible if he continues not to. There's no vet in my area.

He's eating fine, I fed him quite a lot watermelons, he doesn't like to drink much water and maybe that's a cause for the

I know it’s hard to find a vet in some areas but maybe try calling one closest to you even for just a phone call to make sure it’s nothing serious maybe see if someone could take you to the closest vets.

Back