My rat has a abcess and it smells

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

krystle miller

a couple days ago I noticed my biggest rat had a lump on her right ear. A little below it. Couple days later now and it grew. It’s swollen, pink, and leaking with greenish fluids. It has a scab on it and she scratches at it bad. There’s also this deathly smell coming from it. I don’t know what to do she seems to be herself but I know it bothers her! Any answer will help. Thank You!

Attachments

• BFD34763-6B32-4F6F-8835-6EF30427E285.jpeg
    BFD34763-6B32-4F6F-8835-6EF30427E285.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 119
  • CF1F9896-9C0B-4BA8-98EB-46605C9A02B8.jpeg
    CF1F9896-9C0B-4BA8-98EB-46605C9A02B8.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 128
That looks terrible, and I know she's in pain! She needs antibiotics and metacam. Take her to the vet asap.

That looks terrible, and I know she's in pain! She needs antibiotics and metacam. Take her to the vet asap.
it's worse today, I just hadn't had pictures ! I do need to take her to the vet but I just never have time and it's awful

Of it draining green stuff, and her face is that swollen, she need meds ASAP or you'll be looking at a dead rattie soon. I'm sorry I don't mean to sound so brash, but this is one of those things I wouldn't wait on past tomorrow morning with a vet or evet. Have you tried cleaning it with warm water and cotton balls? May have to wet the scab and gently coax it off first. Then flush with warm water and clean with wet cotton ball. That may get you through until the morning to call the vet. Hope all goes well.

Back