My Quad Squad

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yami

I recently had my little buddy Yami'san have one of the worst seizure/possible heart attacks. It was terrifying. He has been my best little buddy for two years now. He was a rescue. He was meant to be a feeder rat not a pet. When we first brought him home he was aggressive. He bit and hid. It took a long time to convince hime I was a friend. Now I am his whole world. Also I found out he is blind, which may have contributed to his biting. He is a little saint. But yester morn was terrible to recount. I won't repeat details, only this, it was rough. The poor little dear has had it hard. His head now seems to have shown signs of a burst blood vessel. I cleaned him up and he is very comfortable. He seems to be doing fantastic today. I went out with my fiance and purchased baby food for him and the boys. I wondered if anyone else had had anything like this happen? He tosses his head up now and again. He is my sweetheart. And I would rush him to a vet but a sore lack of funds prevent me. I have nothing left to sell, and as I am on a limited income, I must just be his loving nurse till the end. Such is the burden of owning rats. I wouldn't change it.

Could you possibly send a video of his head thing ? I'm wondering if he actually had a stroke instead

It is terrible. His eye is almost popping out today. We are giving him antibiotics twice a day for ten days. He hates it but it must be done. He had a stroke. Which led to hemorrhaging. I will take a picture soon. It is hard to look at without crying. But he is spunky and still eating and drinking so we will give him the best life we can.

I understand how hard it is to see them in lackluster conditions believe me, the way I push through is trying to detach myself to an extent while medicating and picturing them as another patient(even though I'm not a vet or vet tech). Sometimes it can make it easier for me

Back