My Pritty Liners Came!!! :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I have all fleece, not the $1 ones. I find I have to change it almost every second day, sometimes I can stretch it to 3 days. I go by my nose, I have very sensitive sense of smell.

Fleece does collect the smell more than the flannel, from what I've seen. In my cage, I've got an upturned bucket for them and I toss fleece bits in there sometimes. After a day or two, their cage will smell disgusting, and as soon as I pull out those fleece pieces it's fine. Odd, eh?

I haven't used all fleece liners myself, so I would have to ask someone who got a fleece set from me how it does. I don't know if the second layer helps any or not with the smell. I'll go and email a few people!

jorats said:
Thanks!

The thing I like most about fleece, 15 minutes in the dryer and it's done. :p

Honestly, these flannel liners often dry faster than my pocket hammies. :roll: I handwash them and hang them up to dry. :)

I prefer for smell, towels and flannel over fleece any day :)

Can you get the cheap blankets Jo? I could pick some up for you and send them along? Only issue is that they are not solid colours and your hammies and toys might "clash" LOLOL

Well, I finally managed to email quite a few customers and ask them about the fleece for you, Jo. Everyone with comparable numbers to your's all said about the same as what you do currently. 2 days generally, 3 days max for their cleaning schedule. Just something about the fleece, I guess.

I have to admit, I don't have a fn but I put one of those fleece from the dollar store in the girls cage and the next day had to take it out it stank so bad. I might try flannel soon.

Two days for the fleece, three max, sounds good compared to using the cheap Dollarama fleece.

Of course now I will have to weaken and order a set of flannel FN liners!!! :twisted:

I've bit my tongue so far and I should continue but it's getting sore.
Everytime I skim the post titles and come upon this I have to stop and read it twice cause it always registers at 1st glance as 'My Panty Liners Came' :gaah:
There - Ive said it. I can scroll in peace now.

Back